Week 9 - Coronavirus

Link to Week 8

Monday - May 4

I was still battling server issues. The load on the server was not just going down. Even starting 20 EC2 instances did not help. It was making it worse - and slowing the site and app further.

Monday morning I started with Angamardhana + SMM on the terrace. While doing the yoga+kriya I get an insight - I am not kidding - perhaps the memcache is failing on heavy load.

After standup I test my theory and it turned out to be true. When Memcache fails, all calls start hitting the database - and hence the load. Increasing more EC2 instances, was making more memcache failures, and more database load.

By noon the issue is resolved. App and site are back to their super fast mode. I am jumping with joy here - and no one to tell. I go to tell San, but she is in the middle of a long meeting with the Sales heads - they are strategising the Life time ERP free the competitor is touting. 



ADDA’s P&C Team ( People & Culture - we do not call ours as Human Resources ) - arranges for Mangoes. 

 And today Liquor shops open all over Karnataka. Lot of videos circulate of people standing in long lines. Someone had taken the Bahubali snippet where the statue falls down ( India Economy ) - and how a drunkard ( Bahubali ) comes and resurrects it.





Thursday

San and I step out post lunch time to see how our area is doing. There are 2 liquor shops and still long lines were there! The grocery shops however were empty and the neighbourhood chaat shop was having Pani poori packets. They didn’t have the masala though.  We pick up 3 packets.


Friday

The editorial on New Indian express shines light on the uncomfortable truth of the Migrant Labourers. I felt guilty being the beneficiaries of their work.




Saturday

I write a short story - And all fell down - Achu Charu are not happy with it. I post it in my college group - they are not happy with it. It does trigger a debate on capitalism. We discussed various models - like an ideal one which is a cross between a Wikipedia and an Amazon. 

Evening we have Pani poori. 









Sunday

Morning I do the weekly weight check. It is mixed this time. Mine has gone down by half a kg to 71. Last week I did not touch any chocolates or sugary mock tails these kids make now and then. It helped I think. 

First half I work. 

Post lunch catch 8 miles - Biography of Eminem. Lose yourself is one of the pump songs I listen when I feel down. Loved it.

Later we see - Intern - Robert De Niro and Anne Hathway. Beautiful movie. When I grow old I want to be like Robert De Niro!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shahul Hameed still lives...

How to become a Java Developer?

Who is lifting the world on their shoulders?