Friday, December 10, 2010
This post is to brag on a mini milestone achievement - I can now complete the upcoming Whitefield Mid Night Marathon ( only the baby 4.2 Kms )!
Of the last 3 runs I have been consistently covering 4.2 kms plus.
Here are a few steps (woohoo managed to squeeze in a pun ) I took :
1. Shunned the iPod. The ear hurts after a while, the buds keep falling off, the wire keeps coming in the way - and the podcast / songs might get boring and I lose interest in running. So ditched the iPod and I can now run just with my thoughts.
2. Psyche myself on Diabetes. Genetically South Indians are programmed with this disease and shipped into the world. I sit and work 12 plus hours - almost 7 days a week. Office is just on the 1st floor. ( ahemm home is on 3rd floor but I am lazy ). Only way to beat diabetes is to exercise - no other way out.
3. Psyche myself on Personal Victory. This one is from Stephen Covey's 7 habit book. You should first win personal victories before you can win public victories. This one statement makes me spring up from the bed and keeps me going till I reach the goal I had set - 4.2 Kms.
4. Enjoying the zone / the rhythm. It took a long time before I could find the rhythm. Now when I get over the initial few minutes of heart pounding - I start to glide - it is a beautiful feeling - and I do not notice the minutes that go by.
5. Ignore the knees will give away scare. It will be another ( hopefully ) 2 decades when my knee problem surfaces. I am betting on knee technology to improve - and there will be a magic pill very much like the Taj Mahal pill - which will rebuild the knee !
My next goal is the half marathon ( 21 Kms ) and then a full marathon ( 42 Kms ).
PS : A special thanks to @diduPublish Postknow, @nilakanta who I follow on twitter - their tweets used to make me feel guilty and now their tweets inspire me.
PSS : See Twitter is much more healthier than facebook. All I do in facebooks is view and share youtube links and talk politics. My eyes and head are getting corrupted :)