Donald Trump and US’s fate

I am not a fan of Donald Trump.

He is a bully. He is a misogynist. He is a hypocrite. He is a racist. He uses religion to further his means. 

He just got lucky being born in a rich family and has zero empathy for the rest of the world struggling.

He is bad for the Environment. He moved US out of Paris accord. We were to slow down the destruction of earth and US being the largest pollutant in the world would have made a big difference. He has also reversed many Environmental laws - so Businesses can make more money. Like he allowing drilling in Alaska.

He sided with Dictators around the world. So US could sell more missiles to some countries to bully their neighbours.

Sigh.

US is self destructing under Trump.

I like USA. It was my home for 6 years of my life. India tugged our hearts and we got back. But had I got into academics - if I had continued after MS into PhD I might have still been in US now.  Or if I had got bit by an entrepreneurial bug while I was in US, I might be running my own startup there.

I don’t like what is happening in US.

I don’t like bullies. I don’t like misogynists. I don’t like hypocrites. I don’t like racists. I don’t like people mis-using religion.

I wish Trump loses this election. 

US has made a mess of its democracy. It is ironical that Hillary Clinton won the majority people’s vote, yet lost the Presidency. Because of the electoral college concept. 

I read somewhere that US election is on Tuesday - and it is not a holiday - so the lower working class people cannot go to vote - the majority cannot decide their own fate. Instead the rich and powerful go to vote - on their way to the Golf course - and keep the power among themselves.

So many of the democracies in the world have collapsed. Greeks, Romans.. The systems collapse after a while.

In US - the TV industry became dominant and a realty star took advantage of it. 

The democracy in US is collapsing. 

It affects everyone - including me. 

If Trump loses it might slow down the collapse a bit. Or US will wake up and see how close to the brim they were. 

I am quite depressed thinking of the US situation. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shahul Hameed still lives...

How to become a Java Developer?

Avalum Naanum Lyrics