Week 0 - Coronavirus

And here we are.

2020 has just begun.

Human race experiences another challenge. Nature plays its hand now. A virus has got loose from animals and is now spreading among humans.

What is your move Humans?

I will be documenting my journey through this phase of my life. I am in Week 2 as I am blogging this - looking back how Week 0 and Week 1 were. [ I am a programmer. Things start at 0 :) ] Not sure how Week 4 and on will be. Historians - you are going to study this phase of Human Civilization - here is the story as it happens from the view point of a Bangalore Bootstrapped Entrepreneur. 

This is my Week 0. Today is Monday, March 2, 2020.

Friday is Board meeting. San has booked tickets to go to Dubai - she has lined up few meetings. We are debating whether she has to go. She messages some UAE friends and they are saying things are fine. Things are as usual. No cases found.

We are worried, what if she lands there and she get quarantined and becomes incommunicado? Or when she gets back she gets quarantined. 

San decides to wait and watch.

Tuesday,Wednesday we keep watching the world slowly turn towards chaos. China things go from bad to worse and they lockdown Wuhan. Iran Italy names are coming in the news.

Thursday evening its decided that I will visit Chennai - to meet a few strategic customers. I decide to drive down instead of taking the train. 

I start dreaming of doing Shambhavi Maha Mudra (SMM for short ) on the beach. Few weeks back we both had learned Angamardhana - a kind of yoga - and these days in the mornings we go to the terrace around 5:00 AM and we do Angamardhana there.

Friday morning we both do Angamardhana and SMM on the terrace. On Board meetings we have to handle quite some questions ( topic for another day - perhaps a book someday ) - time ticks to lunch time and meeting is going on. San takes the investors to lunch and she sets me free. Venkat is driving to Chennai for meetings tomorrow she explains. I come home have lunch and take a nap.

Feel a bit drained, and I hit the road. Download Paula Hawkins, Girl on the Train - and get immersed in it. Forget about the virus or the board meeting.

Morning I wake up and go to Beasant Nagar beach. They are having a rally - its International day of Childhood Cancer. The beach is being cleaned and plogging is happening. 

Sat on the shore and did my SMM. Felt good.



Ploggers.



A modified tractor to take out trash. Beasant nagar was cleaner than I expected.





First meeting is at 11:00AM and it goes on till night 8:00 PM - 4 meetings. One of them, the clubhouse is locked down for 2 weeks because of Coronavirus. We sit inside the clubhouse for the meeting. I see some Koreans walking outside.

Return I had not booked any stay - continue driving towards Bangalore and before Sriperumbudur I find a roadside inn. I see the form with Chinese like characters along with English - I ask them is this Chinese - they say Korean.

Have a fitful sleep. I typically don’t go for demo meetings and I have exhausted my 2020 quota in one day!  I keep running over the meetings - wish I had said this instead of that. Introvertish brain -  always keeps overanalysing.

I try some meditation and doze off close to midnight. Wake up at 5ish and take bathe and go to Kanchipuram. It was just 45 minutes from the place I stayed.

Go to Ekambareeshwarar temple. Stand in the free Darshan line. I keep thinking - this is not good. We are standing way too close, I keep thinking - perhaps this is not a good idea. Think I stayed in a hotel where Koreans are staying. Am I going to contract the virus? 





This was a 3D painting in the hotel I stayed. The camera does not do justice to it - parts of the car are real steel tubes and its blended beautifully.



Later have breakfast at Saravana Bhavan - the first one - historic one. Reach home for lunch




I don’t know going to temples will take me to heaven, but having Saravana Bhavan Breakfast certainly will put me in heaven for some time.



Meanwhile San had reached Dubai - things fine there, and she has got busy.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shahul Hameed still lives...

How to become a Java Developer?

Avalum Naanum Lyrics