1. Force India finishing 2nd, 4th
I love Formula 1, and I love India and I am quite pleasantly surprised seeing Force India finish in the podium. Well actually I did not "see" because I do not have sports channels at home - so read the news. But I am tempted to subscribe again and see the race and the Ads and be an "eye-ball" once again.
The conspiracy here is - with Ferrari once again in the dumps ( how it was prior to Schumi days ), Indian fans have lost interest in F1 - majority being Ferrari fans. And with a 200 million tv viewing population - which is almost the size of European continent, F1 cannot afford to lose India. So suddenly Force India who never finished a race is on the podium..hmmm !!
2. Ms.Nigeria/Ms.Venezuala/Ms.Phillipines winning Miss World
This has been my pet conspiracy theory from the day Aishwarya Rai, Sushmita Sen won the pageant. This is a no brainer.
Who sponsors these events? The beauty products.
How does beauty product enter a new market? By letting one of the Aishwarya Rais win.
The Miss World trophy conveniently migrates from one country to another - dictated by the market. So when there is a dip in sales, soon you will see another Indian winning Miss World.
3. Moon landing
There are many websites and books on this topic. NASA even commissioned a book to be written saying its all bull, we did land on the Moon - but later for some reason cancelled this project.
1. Why have we not landed in the moon again - even after 40 years? We have sent robots to Mars - but why did we not try for the moon?
2. After seeing the failure of Chandrayaan I learnt that the moon's gravitational pull is not uniform and the satellite needs constant course correction. Then there is the sun flare and other extremities of space which a satellite built in 2008 could not handle. What is amazing is 40 years back NASA sent a satellite to successfully land on the moon, someone gave a grammatically incorrect statement, and got back alive. Hmm...
3. We have very powerful telescopes that can peer at stars some millions of light years away. Why cant we turn this on the moon - the closest object we have - and try to find the foot print, the flag and other objects dropped by the man on the moon?
Guess this much is enough for my first edition...!