Week 5 - Coronavirus


April 6

Monday

Was happy to start the week. Let me confess - I am a workaholic. Any time I take a vacation ( I hardly take one or two max in a year ) - I feel restless, count the days I can get back to the routine - where I sit in front of my mac. 

Yesterday (Sunday) I was a bit edgy. Post lunch we saw Uri - there was a good dose of patriotism but somehow the outlook of the world has changed. The virus does not differentiate between a Pakistani or an Indian. We are all in this together. Wish humans realise this and we put all our energies in fighting the virus for now, and later after winning the war - instead of going back to our old ( current ) ways - focus on space exploration or making this world a better place - less pollution, more greenery, more movies and art and literature and take humanity up a notch.

So come Monday, I dived right into work and was happy to start the week.

Tuesday

This is my routine : Morning I kept alarm at 4:45 AM. Open my phone to check Server statistics. Its a routine I have for the last 11 years - before going to sleep and moment I wake up - I check for this email which ADDA sends. Subject is ADDA Says hi. First line is Lub Dub. Followed by the queue lengths ( should be zero else some process has gone zombie ) and server statistics ( load and other vital information ). This email comes every 15 minutes. If I don’t see the email - then many things could have gone wrong. I have to login to figure out things. 

Then I do the ablution, brush, wash my legs hands and face and go light Diya in our home Temple. 



They say lighting Diya during Brahma Muharram is really impactful. Brahma Muharram is around 3:30 AM. The time I light the Diya is around 5:15 AM - its close to Brahma Muharram. Early morning mind is clear and devoid of any clutter - so praying at this time is good.

Next I go back to our bedroom and lay out the yoga mat and do Bhutta Shuddi - a cleansing process of all the 5 elements.




Then I pick up the yoga mat and mosquito bat and go to the terrace.

Here for the next 30-40 minutes or so I do Angamardhana




Post Angamardhana - I do Shambhavi Maha Mudhra which is another 20-30 minutes.




Post Shambhavi - I do Shanmukhi Mudhra. 





I could not find the video from Isha - which is where I learnt. 


By the time I open my eyes its bright day light. Thank the Sky and the Sun and get back home.

I pick up my affirmation book and write 2 of my affirmations - 15 times each.

Then I start my day with Filter Coffee and Online newspaper on Magzter.

Wednesday,Thursday

It was tough 2 days. I have to attend meetings, plus have a long list of to-dos which I have to strike off. Also have to meet my committed deadlines. I end up working, even after my dinner. 

Could be exhaustion - Thursday evening I think I drank water from the Clay pot. Even before dinner time I felt my throat go sore. The hypochondriac in me woke up with a start. 

Today Prithvi’s dry run starts. 



From Monday his classes are to start in Zoom. 

Friday was off for all of us.

I had planned to work on Friday. But I ended up binge watching Panchatyat - on Amazon Prime. Also managed to complete Neal Stepheon’s Fall, or Dodge in Hell.







Neal Stephenson’s books grinds you down. You need to be a masochist kind of book lover to read his books. I was in a daze after finishing it - didn’t feel like reading any other book. 

After someone dies, the brain is scanned and uploaded into the bit verse. The 2nd half of the book is entirely in this bit verse. Processes create processes ( Adam and Eve ) and these processes descendants go on a quest. A separate blog post is needed to talk about this book. 

I think the 3 off days I got was a good rejuvenation.

By Sunday mid-day the cold mild feverish feeling was gone. It was just plain exhaustion and body was forcing me to take a break. No more bragging of being a workaholic. 

Lesson to self - should take 1.5 days on the weekend. Will work half days on Saturdays. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shahul Hameed still lives...

How to become a Java Developer?

Who is lifting the world on their shoulders?