Business Card Title

A startup has many challenges - market, cash flow, competition, support, hack attacks, attrition, power cut, hunt for the perfect coffee - add one more to the long list - Business Card Title.

Today, Sangeeta and I had a chat on IM ( yes we are in the same office - long story :) ) regarding what will be the title. We cannot have traditional roles like CxO, X Manager etc. - as in a startup you have to specifically generalize.

When we started ApartmentAdda, I had a short title on my Business card - Chief. - with a period at the end. I was ragged for 15 minutes by one committee when I had gone for a demo. Also later Sachin who was our Product Innovation Lead - used to tease me - Chief What?

So when we went for a reprint had it printed as Chief, Technology. That explains one aspect of my job - the primary role. But there are lot other things I handle daily - support, IS, patching, backups, opening office, UPS rationing, analytics, accounting, server, domain renewals, organize team outings...

Over to Sangeeta. She does Sales, Marketing, Product Management, Support and lot other things like - hunting for the perfect coffee, head hunting, accounting, Weekly quicksters ( check our page on  http://facebook.com/apartmentadda ).

Taking all the factors into consideration - customers,partners,vendors,investors - we finally decided to have functional titles based on our primary roles.

This will be the 3rd reprint of my card and the Title is a little bigger than last years. Curious to know? Will do the handshake next time we meet and give my card :)

So - what are the titles in your startup/organization ?

Couple of tweets I received on this :


 Vishy Kuruganti 
@ 
@ Hmm.. The business card STILL lives on in this day and age? ;)



 Vivek Shukla 
You can use "Vision Manager" RT @: Finding a designation for the Business card is not easy. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shahul Hameed still lives...

How to become a Java Developer?

Avalum Naanum Lyrics