The journey..

It has been 5 months since I started my life as an entrepreneur. Things I miss - in no particular order !!

1. Salary! 
2. Coffee machine gossip
3. 335E rides with a book in hand
4. Hearing aahaa moments from other developers
5. Architecture and design discussions/fights
6. Code Pairing, learning new techniques, stand ups, IPMs, Showcases!
7. Routine 


What I experienced new

1. Feeling real exhaustion after 4-6 days of serious development. I thought I was the only one but another entrepreneur friend of mine confirmed the same feeling. At the end of it I am forced to take a break for a day because my brain switches off.

2. Learnt to think of things outside an IDE ( IntelliJ in this case ! )- branding, opening page text, vision, mission, goals - the art of written communication.

3. Getting into the zone more often.  I start working slowly, and at one point I feel time stops and the air around me becomes still. Things flow smoothly and earlier unseen features,potential bugs automatically show up. It energizes me further, gives a positive gumption which nothing in the world can ever give me. In Leo Tolstoy's Anna Karenina, the main character Levin - goes to cut corn with his peasants and experiences it. In Zen and the art of motorcycle, Robert Pirsig describes this feeling well. 

4. Watching my son grow, getting him ready for the day, playing with him whenever I take a break to sterilizing his bottles late in the night...I am really lucky !! 

Now I have to rush out. There is more. Will be writing when I am taking an exhaustion break. 







Comments

  1. Hello Mr.Guha Rajan,

    Thank you for your kind words and encouragement .

    I am glad to know that you had been an entrepreneur. I have sent you an email to you so we can chat up.

    Regards
    Venkat

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Shahul Hameed still lives...

How to become a Java Developer?

Avalum Naanum Lyrics